Complete the easy survey below – if you check the boxes of approximately 75% of the questions, you will be certified as a River-Friendly Resident and be automatically entered in October’s prize drawing! You will also receive a free River-Friendly Resident sign to display in your yard!
Already a River-Friendly Resident?
Send a River-Friendly photo to: [email protected] to be entered into the drawing! A River-Friendly photo can be you:
- with a bag of trash you picked on a walk
- with a rain barrel, native pollinator garden, bird house, bird feeder, or compost pile
- with invasives you pulled out
- using a reusable bag, straw, or other plastic-reducing device
- with a low-flow toilet or appliance
- or any other River-Friendly action!
A voucher for Watershed Academy (sessions for high school students and for teacher professional development) at The Watershed Institute! The voucher can be used towards any session you choose during the summer of 2024.
check out watershed nature camp
This stormwater and green infrastructure evaluation will include:
- a 1-hour site visit from River-Friendly Coordinator, Olivia Spildooren
- a visual evaluation of how to manage water on your property
- tips on how to avoid a wet basement or standing puddles
- a discussion of green infrastructure, such as rain gardens, rain barrels, bioswales, and more that could potentially implemented on your property
- additional resources such as plant recommendations, pictures of green infrastructure, and contractor contacts
- a brief custom report which will include a summary of topics discussed
The winner of this prize must live within 30 miles of The Watershed Institute to claim this prize.
A choice of 4 tickets for select Watershed Programs to be determined for the 2024 season.
This may include:
- Maple Sugaring
- Butterfly Fest
- Origins of Halloween Hike
- And many more!
Get $25 to spend at The Watershed Institute’s Nature Shop which has many great unique gifts for yourself or the nature lover in your life!
Books, toys, local artisan crafts, and honey are just some of the fun things you can find at the Nature Shop!