2015 Butterfly Festival
Saturday, August 8 | 10AM-4PM
|Click here to purchase
Butterfly Festival tickets online!
Fun for the whole Family!
Our annual Butterfly Festival, held on the grounds of our 930-acre Watershed Reserve, has been a popular family event attracting around 3,000 visitors every summer. This year will be especially spectacular as we unveil the NEW Watershed Center and Kate Gorrie Butterfly House. We will have tethered Balloon rides available on site for a spectacular view of the Watershed Reserve for just $10 per person. Children under 3 ride free but must be accompanied by an adult. You can purchase tickets at the festival and even enter a raffle to win your own hot air balloon ride for 4. Also featured will be live stage entertainment by the Dadz, local artisans, delicious food, an insect zoo, hay rides, nature walks, and our famous Butterfly and Bug Parade. (Don’t forget your costume!)
Visitors can also enjoy yoga and hula-hoop demonstrations, a Star Lab, parachute games, bubbles the size of cars, and a magic show. There will be crafts for all ages including paper airplane construction and a quilt square coloring table. Take a picture in our photo booth, at our #BflyFest15 Be-Your-Selfie Spots, or stick your head in a Butterfly cutout. Keep cool in our chill tent, play in our H2Olympics, or enjoy a tour of our new building. Come one, come all!
Parking will be located across the street from the Watershed Center at Bristol-Myers Squibb for no additional cost. Free bus transportation will run throughout the day to the festival and parking areas.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much is the tethered balloon ride?
- $10 per person (under 3yrs. Free but must be accompanied by an adult) Tickets will be available at the Festival near the Balloon site.
What does my admission fee cover?
- Your admission fee covers lots of fun activities for the whole family. (Tethered Balloon ride is additional)
Do I have to pay for my infant?
- Children under the age of 3 are Free.
Is food for sale?
- Yes! There are lots of delicious choices from our food vendors.
Do you have an ATM on site?
- Yes. The ATM is located inside the Watershed Center.
What if it rains?
- This is a Rain or Shine event.
Can I drive on the property?
- No. Parking will be located across the street from the Watershed Center at Bristol-Myers Squibb for no additional cost. Free bus transportation will run throughout the day to the festival and parking areas.
Can I bring a stroller or wheelchair?
- Yes. Folding strollers can be brought on the shuttle. Handicap parking will be available.
Can we ride our bikes there?
- Yes. There are bike racks on the reserve.
Can I bring my dog?
- We’re sorry, only service animals are permitted.
Can I bring alcoholic beverages?
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on property.
What is the address?
- 31 Titus Mill Rd. Pennington, NJ 08534 (Follow signs for parking)
What are the Festival hours?
- 10 am – 4 pm
Make a Donation
August 5 - World of Water: We all need clean water!
Wednesday, 10:00AM - 12:00PM, children 7-10 years oldMeet Teacher-Naturalist Vicky Allen at the Watershed Center for a morning of games, clean water challenges and outdoor exploration! Space is limited - call to register, 609-737-7592.
Click for more details on these programs, registration, fees, and more!