In 1985, Muriel Buttinger Gardiner bequeathed her home and surrounding property to the Watershed Association. To recognize those special donors who have followed in her footsteps by leaving a bestowal to the Watershed, we have created the Muriel Buttinger Legacy Society.
A Bequest to the Watershed Association
- Is a personal legacy that celebrates the Earth
- Ensures that your priorities are sustained beyond your lifetime
- Can make all the difference in a future time of challenge
- Ensures that the Watershed Association is here protecting water for our children and grandchildren
To make a bequest to The Watershed Association, include the following language in your will:
“I give (____dollars), (a specific asset) or (___% of the rest, residue or remainder of my estate) to The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, located in Pennington, New Jersey, for general purposes (or for a specific purpose).
You should always consult your attorney when drawing up or revising your will to ensure your intentions are carried out properly.
Planned gifts provide the financial resources we need to monitor the health and quality of our water and sustain long-term stewardship efforts. Our donors use many different philanthropic approaches – from outright gifts and bequests to various charitable trust arrangements.
We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you and your advisors about planning a gift strategy that is appropriate for your personal objectives. Some options include:
- Outright gifts of cash, securities and real estate
- Giving through your will or living trust
- Giving through IRAs, retirement plans, insurance and donor advised funds
- Gifts from charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities
- Gifts of conservation easements
While it is not necessary to advise us in advance that you have included the Watershed Association in your estate planning, we encourage donors to let us know their plans, so that we may thank you and learn more about your interest in protecting our water and natural resources. If you would like your gift to support a designated area of work or project, please let us know.
For more information, contact Jenny Kershner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-737-3735 ext. 36.
Connie and Bill Bauder said they want future generations to acquire the connection with nature that they’ve enjoyed in their lifetimes and to become good stewards of our water and land.