Useful Web Resources
The web resources and links provided in this section are intended to provide additional information from external organizations with special expertise. If you would like more information on any of these resources, or if you don’t find what you’re looking for, contact the Watershed Institute Research Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watershed Management Training and Education Organizations
Nonprofit Management and Expert Assistance Organizations
- BoardSource offers trainings, consulting, publications, and governance resources for nonprofit boards
- The Center for Nonprofits charitable umbrella organization serving NJ’s nonprofit organizations that lists upcoming workshops, funding opportunities and job openings.
- Environmental Law Institute offers seminars, training programs, reports, and policy recommendations on critical areas of environmental governance
- Foundation Center offers webinars and classes in NYC for grantseekers and nonprofit leaders
- GrantStation offers webinars (often for a fee) and grant research resources for members
- Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training offers resources on grassroots fundraising and promotes the connection between fundraising and social justice movements
- GuideStar gathers and provides information on every IRS-registered nonprofit. Offers webinars (often free) on topics including fundraising, communications, finances and impact measurement.
- Idealware provides tactical advice to help nonprofits make smart software decisions, including through reports and webinars (often for a fee)
- Independent Sector their Resource Center for Good Governance and Ethical Practice offers advice on policies and procedures for nonprofits
- Institute for Conservation Leadership offers consulting, capacity building resources, and custom workshops to help leaders and conservation groups be more effective.
- Network for Good helps groups reach fundraising goals through free Nonprofit911 webinars; library of donor communication tips and nonprofit marketing resources; and services (for a fee), such as expert reviews of communications and Donate Now tool to process online donations.
- Nonprofit Center at La Salle University a program of the School of Business, works to strengthen the management and governance infrastructures of nonprofits throughout the Delaware Valley. Offers classes in Philadelphia, consulting, and other resources.
- National Council of Nonprofits offers extensive resources library
- Nonprofit Marketing Guide offers blog and webinars (often for a fee, some free) on marketing, communications and fundraising
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center offers webinars (for a fee), consulting, tools and a library on risk management topics
- Pro Bono Partnership offers webinars (often free) and provides pro bono business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations serving the disadvantaged or enhancing the quality of life in neighborhoods in NY, NJ and CT.
- Support Center for Nonprofit Management/Partnership in Philanthropy offers management and leadership trainings (often for a fee in NYC or NJ), consulting, and practical resources to strengthen nonprofit and philanthropic leaders and their organizations.
- TechSoup connects nonprofits with tech products, services, discounts, and free learning resources to make informed technology decisions
NEWS & INFO
In addition to helping us battle the proposed PennEast Pipeline, we urge you to weigh in against a pipeline proposed for Franklin Township. Comment deadline is June 22.
In 2016, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Fisheries Division (NOAA Fisheries), in coordination with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and NJ Department of Environmental Protection agreed…